Job Description: Investment Analyst
IIGh seeks someone with a passion for driving more capital to SMEs in Ghana to join the Dealsource team in Accra. The role requires someone with an investment analyst profile with excellent financial analysis and relationship building skills, and experience working with businesses, funds, and international organizations is preferable. This is an entry level position and the analyst will be working closely with the Dealsource Africa Officer as a key team member working with investment-ready businesses across Africa to match them with investors whose investment criteria they meet.
Reporting to: Program Officer for Deal Room and Investor Engagement
Deadline: 30/08/2023, however, applications will be viewed on a rolling basis so early applicants will have an advantage.
Compensation: Competitive based on experience
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Supporting all aspects of deal execution from sourcing investment-ready businesses, preparing investment memos, and conducting due diligence.
- Interpreting financial statements and using them to match businesses to investors whose selection criteria they meet.
- Building relationships with accelerators, incubators, enterprise support organizations, and business associations to access networks of investment-ready businesses.
- Supporting with the organizing of deal rooms and other events to connect impact funds to impact ventures and angel investors that meet their selection criteria.
- Advising and providing feedback to businesses on their fundraising materials to enable them to attract the attention of investors and provide advice to help businesses raise money from investors.
- Generating reports for the review of management and funding partners.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree especially in business, finance, or a related field
- Minimum of 3 years experience in venture capital, investment banking, management consulting, or related fields.
- Relationship Management: Skilled at establishing and cultivating strong relationships with key stakeholders at different levels internally and externally to achieve the desired outcomes and reporting on progress to senior managers/board of directors.
- Entrepreneurial Spirit: Takes initiative and actively seeks to deepen relationships with existing businesses and funds and forge new ones.
- Communications: Skilled in creating compelling and clear written and oral communications for engaging members (impact ventures) and investors. Ability to convey complex ideas through brief, simple materials. Experience and credibility when presenting materials to external audiences.
- Influencing: Gets others to accept ideas by using convincing arguments, creates a win-win situation, and responds appropriately to key stakeholders.
- Collaboration: A highly collaborative, adaptable, and approachable team member who is enthusiastic about doing what it takes to support the team, mentor junior staff, and work closely with others at IIGh.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team, especially with distributed team members and partners across various time zones and cultures Click here to download full JD here