Impact Investing Ghana seeks a Gender and Social Inclusion (GESI) Consultant who will ensure that women and other excluded groups have meaningful participation in the organisation’s work and act as the GESI focal point for the organisation and for a project on Research and Innovation. She/he will help develop a GESI framework for the organisation, provide GESI training and technical assistance to the organisation’s Program Managers and Officers and be responsible for supporting them to implement the GESI framework for the organisation and the Project.
Project Duration: January – December 2023
Deadline: 19/01/2023, however, applications will be viewed on a rolling basis so early applicants will have an advantage.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Working with all project team members to develop their capacity on gender and social inclusion issues to address substantive rights in the organisation’s work and project;
- Provide technical support to the team to facilitate an informed debate on gender and inclusion issues and develop a comprehensive GESI strategy for the organisation.
- Coordinate with women’s organizations and other excluded groups and relevant organisations, to facilitate their continued engagement in the project;
- Support team to organize and manage project activities on gender and social inclusion including dialogue and interaction workshops etc.;
- Implement and mainstream gender and social inclusion programmes and initiatives with the project activities including providing inputs to a gender and inclusive annual work plan, monitoring actions and draft quarterly and annual reports on gender and inclusion-related activities;
Qualifications and Skills
- Must demonstrate the ability to ensure GESI integration in project design, implementation, and M&E;
- Must have the ability to conceptualize, plan, guide, and implement work with demonstrated experience in mainstreaming GESI principles and strategies.
- Should have the ability to develop effective working relationships with partners, , government counterparts at all levels, local organizations, Enterprise Support Organisations (ESOs), and other program partners and stakeholders.
- Must have experience in designing, implementing and evaluating the effectiveness of gender inclusive.
- Should have experience in GESI-focused assessments, training, and organizational capacity-building.
- Must have experience in developing and delivering GESI-themed content in training materials
About Impact Investing Ghana
Impact Investing Ghana (IIGh) works to build a thriving ecosystem for impact investing in Ghana. Impact Investing, that is investments that are made to generate a measurable social and environmental impact alongside financial returns, are essential for Ghana’s development. IIGh is Ghana’s representative to the Global Steering Group for Impact Investing and is a local platform representing all the stakeholder groups needed to redirect significant capital flows toward social and environmental impact. IIGh has an ambitious plan to support the growth of impact ventures and to catalyze $ 1 billion in impact funds for investment in SMEs in Ghana and the West African sub-region prioritizing areas such as reducing underemployment and unemployment, reducing inequality gaps, and addressing climate and environmental issues. We deliver relevant research, drive collaboration in the ecosystem, and the creation of collaborative projects such as https://dealsourceafrica.co/, the Ghana Enterprise Support Organisation Collaborative https://esoghana.org/, the Ghana Angel Investor Network, and the Ghana Research Industry Impact Investing Collaborative among others.