The Ghana Impact Investing Research Industry Collaboration (GIIRIC) aims to foster collaboration among researchers, private sector companies, industry associations, government entities, international development partners, and other stakeholders in Ghana. The primary objective of this initiative is to contribute to Ghana’s development by enhancing collaboration in the fields of business, entrepreneurship, innovation, social finance, and product development. The proposed digital platform will serve as a comprehensive directory of existing and potential research areas in these domains.
The objective of this assignment is to develop a digital platform and associated tools that will serve as a comprehensive directory of existing and potential research areas in business, entrepreneurship, innovation, social finance, and product development. The platform should provide a seamless user experience and robust functionality to support collaboration and knowledge sharing among Research and Industry members. The selected consultant will be responsible for designing, developing, and deploying the digital platform, ensuring that it meets the specific needs and requirements.
Duration: 3 months
Maximum Available Budget: $ 5,400
Mode of work: Remote
Scope of Work/Platform Requirement
The consultant’s scope of work includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Allow Research and Industry partners to set up accounts.
- Allow Admin to approve Research and Industry Partners and also create user accounts and upload research.
- Allow users (researchers) to share their profiles:
- Researchers: title, full name, institution, designation, email, areas of specialisation, and publications (title of article/paper/book, summary of key findings/issues, keywords, funding, related links)
- Research Institutions: institution, name of representative, designation, email, focus areas, and consulting work (title of project, summary of key issues, results achieved, keywords, funding, related links)
- Allow researchers to indicate which research institution they are affiliated with.
- Allow users (industry) to share their profiles including institution, name of representative, designation, email, focus areas, research needs, and any research work done (title of project, summary of key issues, results achieved, keywords, funding, related links) based on the following categories:
- Private businesses
- Industry associations
- CSOs, NGOs, etc
- Government institutions
- Development partners
- Design and develop a scalable and user-friendly digital platform that serves as a directory of research areas in business, entrepreneurship, innovation, social finance, and product development. The build should allow easy addition and removal of features in the future.
- Implement robust functionality to enable knowledge sharing, collaboration, and networking among research and industry partners.
- Create an intuitive search and filtering system to facilitate easy navigation and exploration of research areas and match-making (connect to research partners vs address research needs of industry).
- Integrate a secure user authentication and access control system to ensure confidentiality and data protection.
- Allow for monitoring and tracking of interactions using a dashboard (data analytics)
- Provide training and technical support to the GIIRIC secretariat to facilitate the effective use of the digital platform.
- Deliver the final digital platform and tools within the specified timeframe of three (3) months.
The proposal received will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Experience and expertise in developing digital platforms for collaborative initiatives.
- Work plan and technical approach.
- Capacity of team and ability to deliver within the required timeframe
- Cost-effectiveness and value for money.
Interested consultants are requested to submit their proposals, including the following information:
- Past Work – Consultant’s profile, highlighting relevant experience in developing similar digital platforms.
- Work plan – Methodology and approach for developing the digital platform, including a work plan and timeline.
- Quotation – Costs for the development, deployment, and maintenance of the digital platform.
- Names and profiles of key team members
Please submit your proposal electronically to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org and copy email@example.com. on or before Friday 30th June 2023. The subject line of the email should be “Proposal Submission – Development of Digital Platform for GIIRIC.”