Impact Investing Ghana seeks a Communications and Events Officer to set and guide the strategy for all communications, website, public relations messages, and collateral to consistently articulate the organization’s mission and programs. The Communications and Events Officer will deliver strong communications campaigns, events, and other communications to achieve organizational goals and ensure that IIGh is viewed as a leading source, disseminator, and conduit of information within its diverse network and constituent base. The ideal candidate is a seasoned communications expert with significant experience as an account manager or creative director in advertising or communications and in creating high-quality communications materials targeted at many stakeholder groups.
Reporting to: Chief Executive Officer
Deadline: 19/01/2023, however applications will be viewed on a rolling basis so early applicants will have an advantage.
Compensation: Competitive based on experience
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead in the development and execution of a communication strategy for the organization and its key programs across all channels including website, social media, PR, print, etc. with clear objectives and strategies to accomplish them to increase the visibility of the organization and relevant programs in Ghana and internationally towards our key stakeholders.
- Lead in strategy, planning, development and coordination of communication and advocacy for events and programs including development of press releases, newsletters, media campaigns and communications materials for activities and programs.
- Build and maintain relationships with existing and new media partners. Manage and develop social media calendar, posts, and engagement to increase visibility and engagement.
- Plan and coordinate the communications and logistics for all events, programs and workshops both in-person and virtual including the development of promotional messages, circulation of event promotional materials, and follow-up with the IIGh community to attend events, workshops, dialogues, etc
- Develop a database of qualified service providers and build relationships with them for procurement and timely delivery of service and work closely with events partners, media partners and graphic designers.
- Support translation of research reports into communications pieces, development of annual and other impact reports, and partner with program team colleagues to ensure that reports are engaging and achieve desired communication objectives.
- Other tasks as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- Demonstrated experience designing and executing successful communications strategies that accomplished their objectives.
- Able to write, edit, and distribute content, including publications, press releases, website content, annual reports, speeches, and other marketing material that communicates the organization’s activities, products, and/or services.
- Excellent event-organizing skills and highly detail oriented.
- Excellent computer skills, particularly with software applications like Word and PowerPoint.
- Collaborative leader, excellent team player, and strong relationship-building skills. Able to work well with others and create a fun and positive work environment even under time pressure
- Experienced communications expert with significant experience as an account manager or creative director in advertising or communications
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
About Impact Investing Ghana
Impact Investing Ghana (IIGh) works to build a thriving ecosystem for impact investing in Ghana. Impact Investing, that is investments that are made to generate a measurable social and environmental impact alongside financial returns, are essential for Ghana’s development. IIGh is Ghana’s representative to the Global Steering Group for Impact Investing and is a local platform representing all the stakeholder groups needed to redirect significant capital flows toward social and environmental impact. IIGh has an ambitious plan to support the growth of impact ventures and to catalyze $ 1 billion in impact funds for investment in SMEs in Ghana and the West African sub-region prioritizing areas such as reducing underemployment and unemployment, reducing inequality gaps, and addressing climate and environmental issues. We deliver relevant research, drive collaboration in the ecosystem, and the creation of collaborative projects such as https://dealsourceafrica.co/, the Ghana Enterprise Support Organisation Collaborative https://esoghana.org/, the Ghana Angel Investor Network, and the Ghana Research Industry Impact Investing Collaborative among others.